FillmoreCares is having the first organizational meeting for Pat’s Pink Party on June 26th, 2015 at Fillmore Real Estate Headquarters located at 2990 Avenue U in Brooklyn, NY.
The meeting will begin promptly at 12 Noon and will last until 1:30, and Pizza will be served during the meeting.
“The purpose of this meeting,”stated John Reinhardt, “is to gather as many ideas as possible from people who have been involved in fundraising events in order to create the foundation for a most successful event in honor of Pat!”
Everyone who cares is invited to attend and share their thoughts and ideas for the event. Some of the issues that will be discussed will be:
1) Confirmation of tentative date – October 22nd, 2015 and venue El Caribe
2) Brainstorm about the format of the event – Raffle Night or Entertainment, or both or perhaps something different. This should be interesting.
3) Set Goals for the number of prizes in each category, and review categories and prizes from last year to determine what worked best and what we could do without.
4) Think of HOT ITEMS from other raffles to get for our event. Is it still iPads, computers, and TV’s or is there something else out there?
5) Create committees to handle different tasks of the event.
-Gift Certificates – Go and get certificates from each and every restaurant possible
-Small Gifts and Prizes – Get the word out to collect NEW gifts from our friends and sphere
-Major Gifts – Identify what major gifts we would like and then try to get a sponsor to support each major gift
-Corporate Contributions and Sponsorships – Sometimes we can get major cash contributions that help to underwrite the event, the booze at the event, or the entertainment.
-Entertainment/Program – Decides what type of music, should there be dancing like a party or just raffles. What games should be included in the evening program.
-Wrapping Committee – Creates a team that can get the job done quickly and efficiently. This team will also be responsible for collecting gifts and grouping them into baskets.
-Marketing and Advertising– If you’re creative and have experience here, we could use your help. We would like to add a public relations and social media aspect this year to grow the event.
6) Try to orchestrate committee meetings and select committee chairpersons.
7) Think of other people that we would like to ask to assist us on the PINK TEAM or on a committee. Let’s take a moment to think of the great talent in the area.
8) Create a community liaison list that consists of leaders in each of the major organizations in the area. Let’s get schools, community boards, clubs and other organizations to step up.
9) The Vision: Summarize what we think the event will look like after the influence of the attendees of the organizational meeting and create to do list so we can solidify by next meeting.
10) When should next meeting be?
There will be an opportunity for those who cannot make this meeting to attend future meetings; but, if you can make a meeting..this one would be the most important.
Thank you for considering to be a part of our effort in honoring Pat and making this years Pink Party the best one ever!